Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! And it will either be very happy or very sad around our house.  The Husband is from Boston and a huge Patriots fan. I'm from NJ with Jets fan parents but grew up near Charlotte. Though the Panthers came to town while I lived there we weren't fans. My family is a huge basketball family.  I understand the game of basketball but never football, even though boys would explain it to me. In high school I was too busy socializing and watching and cheering on my cheerleader BFF.  In college I went to games and partied before games, but I still didn't really get the rules.  Thanks to the Husband, I do understand the rules now and actually really understand the game.  He is the only person who's been able to explain it to me very patiently every fall and winter as we watched the Patriots on TV.  And I find Tom Brady pretty easy to watch myself, handsome with a winning, high scoring team.  Hence we are a Patriot Family.  Though his wife may think I committed a crime by feeding Noah formula.
Tom Brady
My dad emailed me my Super Bowl numbers for Sunday's game; he bought me and Noah several squares in his company's pool.  In the email he reminded me of when I won $1250 on a $20 square board. This is the biggest payout in his company's history and they quickly changed the rules of the squares for the next year.  My numbers were Baltimore Ravens 4 and NY Giants 7 in Super Bowl XXXV.  I won on the 3rd quarter payout with a score of 24-7 ($250) and the final score payout with a game score of 34-7($1000).  At the time, I was a junior in college and didn't even see the game; I went to a movie.  I have no idea what movie I saw and I was a horrible girlfriend because I can assure you that's not what my boyfriend wanted to be doing.  What did I spend the money on?  Spring Break trip to Jamaica, clothes from JCrew, Abercrombie & Fitch, & Express, and bathing suits from Victoria's Secret for said trip.  What else would a 20 year old spend the money on?  And regretfully I did not gift my father his $20 back.  I'm a Bad Daughter!
Now I'm sure you are wondering if I remembered all these Super Bowl facts- UM no.  Wikipedia!  Yes, we do need it!  Now the Husband, that's a different story.  At any number of UNC football games, he will turn to me and say, "Do you remember two years ago against Miami, Hakeem Nicks had that unbelievable run for a touchdown?"  Um, no I don't remember that particular play at that particular game, but yes I know that Nicks was on the team and he had several great runs while we've been in the stands.  That's more than a lot of girls could say, I bet.
Let's Go Patriots! And even more importantly let's route for the numbers below!  Though these squares are only worth $1 & $5.
Giants  Patriots  for me
4           0
3           6
2           7 
Giants  Patriots for Noah
2           7
3           1
4           7
And for those who thought this was going to be a post about what Pinterest recipes I am going to make for the Super Bowl, I am making Weight Watchers Chicken Chili in the crock pot and it's not from Pinterest.  Of course, we add blue corn chips, sour cream, and cheese, so it's not very Weight Watcherlike, but it's very yummy!  And we aren't having a party; God forbid anyone talks to the Husband during the game! 
WW Chicken Chili over rice 


No comments:

Post a Comment