Monday, February 13, 2012

Get Over Yourself

I'm not a snob... per se.  I like what I like, you know?  And I really like it if it's clean, shiny, and new.  Lately, I've been feeling a little bit like I need to get over myself though.  I've never shopped on Craigslist before.  I've looked around, of course, but never actually made the purchase.  This week I've shopped seriously for two things and bought one and pretty much had an anxiety attack the minute it was in my house.

We are currently trying to plan a vacation with Noah.  I found an amazing condo (not through Craigslist), that's new, with a view, and a full kitchen under budget!  Hello! This never happens with me.  Just in time to find that all our other travel companions are staying elsewhere.  So I'm now looking at condos at their resort that are costing double for old, with a view of the garden (ie A/C unit & parking lot), and a beer fridge, and microwave.  I've been shopping Craigslist to find just a little bit of a deal to stay with everyone else.  But I can't commit.  I don't want to give up my dream condo.  I need to get over myself, take what I can find with everyone else, and enjoy a vacation and be lucky to be going on one!

And so the purchase?  Well, after a few mis-communicated conversations between the Husband and I, we decided Noah needed a train table.  And these conversations lead to us buying one that day off Craigslist.  Let's just say I had buyers remorse... immediately.  The table is huge; the tracks have crayon marks on them; there are stains on the train top board; I hadn't researched anything about what trains, tracks, and who knows what else are the best.  Note that none of these things have to do with the fact that I knew Noah was going to love it and play with it every.single.day.  I really need to get over myself because Noah loves it.  And I mean he loves it!




Maybe I'm PMSing, maybe I'm not getting enough (read: any) exercise, maybe my body is tired of winter and is missing the sunshine.  But seriously, I need to get over myself and take in the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment