Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pinterest Peeves

Photobucket


It's no secret that I'm a Pinterest fan and a bit Pinterest obsessed but I'm beginning to wonder if Pinterest has gotten a little bit of an ego.  I guess they have had one since the beginning; I mean you have to be invited to join.  It's difficult to join if you aren't a FB or Twitter member.  If you have FB it seems you also need to have upgraded to Timeline to join.  A friend I invited to join recently told me there is a waitlist.  Waitlist for what? It's the internet; the space is virtual, there is room for all.  But I did make two Pintastic things this week so Pinterest I still love you but you need to get over yourself.

The other pet peeve I have about Pinterest has to do with where you are supposed to type the 'name' of the Pin.  I get annoyed when pinners just keep the 'name' portion the same as the previous pinner. I don't mean pin names like, "Cute wedge," "Perfect weekend outfit," "Puppies!" or "Crockpot Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli Casserole."  I mean when the name is "My son will love these homemade bubbles" and you have a daughter. Or when I type out what I liked about a recipe, "This was really good, but I added too much vanilla" and it just gets repinned.  You know who you are!

Anyways, I should and do have bigger things to be annoyed about.  Onto the Pintastic yumminess from this week!

I've been making smoothies at home for Noah recently with no recipe- frozen mango, pineapple, strawberry, some yogurt, milk, and ice.  They are good!!  But then I saw The Sleep Doctor's Sleep Slim Smoothie all over Pinterest.  The Husband takes melatonin sometimes before bed and I've been upping my workout ethic recently so this seemed like the perfect smoothie to try.  I used frozen cherries that I defrosted and blended first instead of cherry juice.  The first time I made it I got a little heavy handed with the vanilla but it was still good.  I made it again with less banana (even 1/2 is very strong) and less vanilla and it was really good.  Who knows about the better sleep or raised metabolism but it's good enough to keep drinking it.  I've made it every evening that I've done a workout to try to boost me since I can't do weights with my wrist issues.  Hopefully Dr. Oz is right!

Friday I made Sweet and Spicy Honey Grilled Shrimp for dinner over brown rice with peppers.  This dish was very good and I really liked the marinade though I messed up the peppers (oh well it's only the vegetable).  I baked the shrimp in the oven at 350 for 3 minutes on each side instead of grilling because it was raining.  My only criticism of this recipe is I had to buy half of the ingredients new because they aren't pantry staples.   It didn't take long (10minutes or less) to get all the ingredients in the bowl.  The frozen (thawed obviously before marinading), raw, deveined shrimp only marinaded for 4-5 hours because I didn't see the 24-48 beforehand.  I will definitely make it again and use up the rest of the chili pastes.

I actually need to curb my Pinterest obsession a little bit. I have four books on my nightstand, well three actual books and one Kindle book.  And book club is Wednesday!  I'm about 62% (Kindle book) through with Swamplandia! my book club book. I'm half way through Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure which I honestly haven't touched since November.  And I have two 'How to discipline your toddler' books to begin!  If anyone has any recommendations on the disciplining the toddler I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment