The weather is warm! And today it actually wasn't raining- hooray! Noah & I have a list of Spring activities to tackle and we could not wait to get started. Our list includes a bus ride, trip to the zoo, beach day, and
Pullen Park, maybe
Duke Gardens too. I'm sure the list will be getting longer. Today, we decided to ride the bus (this idea came from
Notes from a Mom in Chapel Hill) with one of Noah's girlfriends, M and two new friends, M & E.
After looking over the bus schedules and trying to figure out four kids different nap and eating schedules we took the easy way out. We met on Franklin Street and took the
Campus U route- a perfect 30 minute circle ride around campus with the students. This worked out really well, especially for a first bus trip. All the Chapel Hill transit buses are free, so we just paid for parking on Franklin St. After our circle, we took a little walk down the street and got coffee. Next time I vote for
Sugarlands or
The Yogurt Pump as our treat.
Here are some pictures of our adventure:
 |
| Waiting for the bus at Carolina Coffee Shop |
 |
| Shell Shocked |
 |
| a little nervous |
 |
| Getting more comfortable |
 |
| Noah & our Bus after the ride |
Just being on campus with all the buses and trucks in town was excitement for the little ones. And after coffee there was a bus sitting outside; Noah was ready to jump right back on. I definitely see more bus rides (maybe even to a place and back) in our future.
Once we got home, Noah was exhausted (so was I!). I offered him his milk and snack before nap and he declined. I offered no less than 3x before going upstairs where Noah's first full blown out tantrum began. He's had tantrums before, of course, but usually he can be distracted in about 30-60 seconds. He was so tired that he cried for his milk, kicked, screamed, crocodile tears, threw his paci and beloved lovey out of the crib for 10 minutes. I gave in, though I know my parenting credibility may be at stake and brought him up his milk and snack and sat with him while he promptly ate none of it but calmed down. It's been about an hour and I'm still not sure he's asleep. I don't mind saying 'so what if' I didn't clean today, but I really don't want to say 'so what if' Noah didn't nap today!
No comments:
Post a Comment