Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Momma's Got a Brand New Bag!

Last week I almost broke the zipper on my diaper bag trying to stuff some snacks into it and asked some friends about the transitional toddler bag.  When does this happen? Is it possible?

The diaper bag is so bulky now that I'm running after a toddler.  Yes, it has EVERYTHING in it but I rarely need everything anymore.  One friend said I was ready for the toddler-transitional-almost-back-to-handbag bag; "Not a Kate Spade," but a nice transitional bag, she said.

Perfect! I'm ready!  I enlisted the help of some moms on a local mom message board and fell in love with this bag.
What do you know- Kate Spade and out of my price range for a transitional toddler bag.  

I did some searching and found an older pattern of the same style bag and bought my first over $20 Ebay purchase (which was dangerously too easy by the way).  This thing came in like 4 days!  And couldn't have arrived at a better time.  I was having a big case of the Mondays and I was outside inspecting the Husband's car for damage because he got barely tapped at a red light when I saw the package on the front porch!


Oh, and the Husband got just barely tapped on his way to get me flowers for taking care of him and Noah during his slight medical issue.  The doctor cleared him a few days early for lifting over 10lbs (ie Noah)- Hooray!   By the way, Holly's Flowers at Woodcroft is amazing for flowers- pre-order/deliver or just run in and pick up.  And yes, I picked up some Sour Patch Kids to drown my Monday blues away in- plus I figured I can sneak some into the Hunger Games when I see it.  I think they will fit in my new bag!


So I can't fit my whole life into the Kate Spade Stevie but that's part of the charm.  I think it will be an adjustment but I'm eager to test it out!  I rarely carry a black bag, I find it a bit harsh, but I loved the leather trim detail on this bag and figured black nylon was as toddler friendly as Kate Spade was going to get.  Still trying to decide what to do with the sippy cup...

2 comments:

  1. love. love. love those kate spade bags. they are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first one and so far I'm liking it! Though it is a big change from a diaper bag with a zillion pockets.

      Delete