I'm linking up with L.C. at The Brunette Bride for another Fashion Friday!
Even though I had a head start to figure out what is/are my favorite apparel items, I had a hard time figuring this out. Clothing isn't emotional to me. The Husband constantly asking, "But what about the memories?!" as I toss the sweater I wore when we got engaged into the donate pile. He has shirts from the 5th grade and could probably give you What, When, and Why on his favorite article easily. My favorites change with every season, depending on my mood, the weather, how I feel about myself. And do I have to pick just one? If so, this is it.
Banana Republic Boatneck Cashmere Argyle Sweater.
The Husband bought me this sweater for Christmas several years ago (2007?) and I love it. If you know me, this sweater is very me. I actually cried when the dry cleaners lost it (they found it!)
Here's my short list of things I consider my favorites because even though I've had them for years I still wear them every week. Or, as it is with the handbags, I would use daily if I didn't have to carry a sippy cup.
Louis Vuitton Tivoli PM
Easily my biggest splurge. I love this bag, because I better! Nothing more classic to me than LV; this piece will last me my lifetime. Purchased at the LV store in 2007 or '08.
Marc by Marc Jacobs Twisted Q Lil Riz
Birthday present to myself in 2009 at Saks on sale; I was there for a Kooba but the money spoke to me. I love the color, shape, and feel (so soft) of this bag. Plus great for traveling- my Kindle (or a book) fits easily inside.
Steven by Steve Maden Intyce Boot
I've had these boots for years and bought them at the Nordstrom half yearly sale for $80. They are seriously worn out in the toe now but these are the first 'tall' boots I've ever found to fit my wide calves. Small wedge heel but I can chase a toddler in them; perfect color. I will probably buy a 2nd pair soon to replace the ones I have.
BC Footwear Milkshake Wedge
These shoes are so old I can't find a picture of them on the vast internet.
| They look like this but |
| are this color (maybe?) brown on brown |
Another Nordstrom deal. These wedges were $36 and were my first Nordstrom purchase ever. I love a wedge heel and these shoes give your pants a nice long line. The rounded toe also makes your feet look tiny. All around great every day fall/winter shoe.
Finally a spring fav
Franco Sarto cork sole wedge
What's not to love about a kelly green, patent leather peep toe wedge? I wear these shoes with jeans or dresses and they are just fun. I've had them since 2008 (I think) and bought them from Piperlime.
I really enjoy spring and summer. I don't have a favorite season, but I love the sun. There are clothes I really like in the summer, but I replace my Rainbow flip flops, shorts, and $10 tank tops often. Seems like winter clothes are investments: coats, boots, etc. They last much longer and cost more so they get my favorite nods.


I'm obsessed with those milkshake wedges - I love the yellow ones! They definitely add a bit of color to your outfit. I may have to go out and get them now!!
ReplyDelete