-The normal stuff. Noah can sometimes (though not often) play alone; so there is, "Hah, Hah, Hah" (translated to help!) and the less subtle grabbing my hand and pulling me towards whatever. There are those diaper change sessions that sometimes (though not often) resemble an MMA wrestling match. The day to day of keeping a toddler safe from all the shiny harmful things he's drawn to.
-Then the additional stuff. Noah is getting over a cough (for like weeks!) and will cough for up to an hour at 3am. Instead of listening to coughing for an hour, I get up and make him some warm water and honey to drink to ease the cough. Noah started sleeping through the night consistently one year ago this month so needless to say my body is not used to this and I feel it when I wake up. The Husband has a minor medical issue that does not allow him to pick Noah up... for 3 weeks! We are on day 4 and I'm exhausted already. And Noah did not nap 3 afternoons this week (though did sleep for 3 hours on the days he did nap). I need his nap time every.single.day! Oh, and we lost an hour last night too. So I'm feeling a bit worn out.
| The way things used to be |
I had a Daylight's Saving Time on the bright side joke, but it's too terrible. Anyways, good things from today. Noah didn't nap, so he had no problem falling asleep on time even though it was light outside. And I was able to go for a run outside after Noah went to sleep while it was still light out! The run was easy on my legs and lungs so that made me really happy- the weather was perfect for running. The pounding did make my wrist hurt, a lot (in fact several fingers were numb by the end) but the wrist is in bad shape (see note above about being primary baby transporter for the next 2.5 weeks). And now I have time to take a bath and start my book club book which is the perfect end to the day for me.
Ugh, I hope things get better soon. I sympathize on the whole lack of sleep thing. And I feel for you on the gate. Once they learn how to operate those things, it's a whole new ballgame.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I feel so bad complaining- I have one! moderately behaved normal 19month old. I know there are many other scenarios out there- more kids, working out of the house, etc. But I do feel better doing a little venting ;-).
ReplyDelete