This past week I've been feeling exhausted. Nothing new considering I have a busy almost 2 year old. I ran on Saturday morning and was pretty beat the rest of the day. Then every day this week I've woken up with a weird sore throat and just tired tired tired. I haven't run. Two days this week I did not leave the house. The thought of doing anything, like cooking dinner makes me want to crawl back into bed.
I've had some issues in the past with vacation withdrawal. I could live at the beach so leaving after 7 days sometimes brings me down. But not this time. I went to the mall yesterday (on a day I actually left the house) for a little retail therapy. I didn't buy a single thing; not for me; not for Noah. This is serious ya'll!
Today I got out of bed thinking exercise is going to get me out of this funk. I went to run and mentally and physically quit after 1.5 miles. But this was the highlight activity of my day. I did not clean today, and you know it's Thursday which is dedicated cleaning day. Plus we have a serious case of tiny kitchen ants and I'm dying to take them all out at once. But I just couldn't muster up the energy. I almost pitched a fit when the Husband said I had to roast the chicken for dinner because it was due to expire today.
But I had a light bulb moment when 'playing' with Noah this afternoon (he was playing with his trains, I was laying on the floor next to him). The week before we left for the beach I ran out of my One-A-Day vitamins and have forgotten to buy new ones. I have a little vitamin D issue, which I'm sure wasn't an issue at the beach. But now that we're home and it's been overcast every day (not that I've been leaving the house) I'm almost positive this is where my exhaustion is coming from. This certainly doesn't explain my throat but it hasn't gotten any worse, it's pretty much the same and very minor. I thought it was from running the A/C in my face in the car on those 100+ degree days. Who knows- one step at a time! I wonder how many vitamins I need to pop before I'm back to normal.
I really hope it's the vitamins...
I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago! Mine is iron, but was having the exact same feelings- I was EXHAUSTED! I am also taking a B complex vitamin (all in addition to multi-vitamins) and that is supposed to help a lot with energy! Good luck!
ReplyDelete