Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I'm listening to

I've been doing really well with my Joggermom Marathon. I did have a slight hiccup when I got a little too much sun at the beach.  (read: fried my back to a crisp).  We really had an amazing time otherwise though. Even with my 5 or 6 days off of running I'm 17 miles in and we are on day 16 of the month.   The best part is I'm running longer and keeping or improving my pace (right under 10 minutes a mile).  I've even run my fastest mile pushing the stroller since last fall (8:56!).  I think I get into my groove easier when I'm listening to my iPod.

I rarely change up my playlist so I can easily pace myself with the music.  It took me a long time to get my playlist right.   It's oddly complicated.  How long is the song, what's the beat, do I know the words? The only song I really change around is my slow song.   Some songs I love or find inspirational, or seem like they would be perfect, but just don't work on the run.  Like Sara Evan's Stronger, I love the message of this song but it's too long and too slow.  Even the Dixie Chicks' Ready to Run, it just doesn't make me want to actually run though it seems perfect.  Maybe it's a Country thing?  I'm thinking of switching a song out to J. Cole's Workout.  We'll see..

Here's my playlist:
- Nelly- Just a Dream
I love Nelly!  That's all.
- Florence & the Machines - Dog Days Are Over
This song is one of my favorites on the playlist- it really gets me moving faster.
- Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On
I fell in love with this song when I figured out it has the same back beat as Modest Mouse's Float On.
- Lostprophets - Rooftops
This is my slow song and pretty much the only song that changes on my playlist. It's my rest song.
- Kanye West - All of the Lights
A longer song but there's so many artists that it still feels fresh.
- Nelly - #1
If I played baseball this would be my intro song.
- Glee - Sing (original artist My Chemical Romance)
I don't even know why I've picked this song, but it's my ending song during a 5K race and I kick it up a notch when it comes on.
- DJ Khalid - All I Do Is Win
This would be my other baseball intro song pick. I love this song.  I  do the hand motions while running to this song- it's not me waving at you.
- Chris Brown/T-Pain - Kiss Kiss
I love Chris Breezy, sorry Rhianna. No Air with Jordan Spark? Love!
- Mariah Carey/T-Pain - Migrate
My favorite MC song off the E=MC2 album which I have worn out.  T-Pain always makes me laugh too.





No comments:

Post a Comment