I am not exactly an optimist, but when it comes to a prize I truly and honestly believe I am going to win. Every March I have serious conversations with The Husband about what we will do when we win the HGTV Dream Home. (Me: MOVE to Dream Home immediately; The Husband: SELL the Dream Home without one visit). I will seriously ask The Husband on Dream Home winning evening if I should change out of my PJs and put on makeup for when they knock on the door. Sadly, they have not knocked on my door ... yet.
So when I entered the Joggermom Marathon, I knew I would win a prize. I had my eye on the BOB Revolution, but certainly would take a Baby Jogger, or any free jogging stroller! I finished the Marathon with a few days to spare. The Marathon really did jump start my running and I felt good about the whole month when I was running (except for my crazy sunburn in the first week). You can see my Daily Mileage Sheet HERE.
I submitted my mileage sheet and a photo of me and Noah sporting our 'running bib' and waited for the winners to be announced on June 2nd. Luckily the winners are selected at random and not by who finished first, because no lie some Momma finished on May 3rd! On Saturday, I was scrolling through Facebook and saw the update from Joggermom Marathon that the winners would be emailed around 9:15am and the prizes are first to respond, first to grab! So I reviewed the strollers, put them in order of desire, and saved it for quick copy and paste. I then proceeded to refresh my Yahoo Mail every 15 seconds... okay I'll be honest, every 7 seconds.
At 9:35am, I realized I had not won one of the 7 prizes. And I was genuinely surprised and saddened.
Good thing I don't play the lottery! Of course, we do have the obligatory conversations about what to do *if* we won (Me: buy a beach house & new carS; The Husband: contact a lawyer & accountant, 2012 Honda Accord). Though I do think it's a lot more fun to play any game or contest with someone who is excited because they are convinced they are going to win.
I'm also excited to see my progress in running in black and white on the daily mileage spreadsheet. I'm going to continue to keep track of my miles in June just because I'm OCD like that. But the American Tobacco Trail is closing in my area for 9-12 months on June 11th to be paved and extended by bridge over I40. I'm excited about both of those things; I run much faster on pavement with the stroller and I'd happily run to Southpoint and over I40. But where am I going to run in the meantime (9months!) and sadly I will have to drive there...
No comments:
Post a Comment