May 5- Just a day at the beach in Ocean Isle. Noah stayed in this position for about four hours. I got one of the worst sunburns I've had in a while from hoovering over him for just as long.
May 9- Healthy Moms PJ playdate at Brilliant Sky Toys.
May 13- Mother's Day. Snack time at Foster's Market after our planned Duke Gardens picnic got rained out.
May 15- testing out a friend's wagon. Noah loved it- 2nd birthday present perhaps...
May 16- We started the day with a little reading in bed with the gang. Then a trip to play with the new turtle sandbox Noah got at my mom's house. Most of the sand, along with the rock landscape ended up in the water ring around the sand, surprise!
May 18- Another campus bus trip. Someone looks like a student already with his gear on. This time we hit up Sugarland's for some cupcakes and gelato (yes we had both and it was delicious). Then a run and rest in the quad.
May 19- Noah's ready to run with me. He looks like a 70's or 80's workout video man. Later that day we went to Duke Gardens and had a great Makeup Mothers Day picnic.
May 22- 6 Peonies for our 6th Wedding Anniversary. My wedding bouquet was pale pink peonies.
We started our anniversary off with a trip to Got To Be NC. This was a little State Fair and so much fun!
They even had a tractor parade, which as a big hit though you can't tell by his face.
Yup, I'm wearing my wedding dress (hello padded bodice!) on the couch with my cathedral length veil and Tucker too. We went to see Wicked at the DPAC (excellent excellent excellent!) After relieving the babysitter I donned my dress and settled in to watch a little bit of the New Jersey Housewives. I try my dress every year and it has never zipped all the way up since May 20, 2006 but I still rock it around the house.
May 22- Happy Birthday Dad! A fun family hike at Duke Forest ended in tears because Noah did not want to leave the bridge we were hanging out at. He cried the whole way back to the car.
May 25- Noah was such a trooper at the car dealership mostly because they had tracks and I brought trains. He hung out through two hours and a test drive. Then off to Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn for dinner with friends. A fun Friday until I got the loaner car stuck in the parking lot on campus... oops! (And no, we did not get a new car.)
May 28- We hosted a Memorial Day staff BBQ for the Husband's co-workers; around 28 people and I actually did not stress this party! Luckily we were able to bring in the main dishes, but I made White Chocolate Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes and Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Drizzle. AND! It came out of the bunt pan (If you remember THIS debacle). I also made Rainbow Fruit Skewers but forgot to take a picture.
May 31- Posing in the back yard. He now constantly goes up to this tree and asks for another photo.
And that was May...

No comments:
Post a Comment