My dentist doesn't see children before age 3, but they did recommend a few Pediatric Dentists they recommend. After perusing their websites (yes, I always cyber stalk doctors before I pick them) we picked Dr. Mauney at Clifton and Mauney Orthodontists and Pediatric Dentistry.
Lets just say I was impressed. This was the nicest doctor's office I'd ever seen. Floor to ceiling windows, furniture I wanted in my home, lots of kids toys, and the kicker, a big chalkboard that said, "Welcome Noah!" All the hygentists were so friendly and very nice. We went back and all the chairs are set up right next to each other. There were 3 or 4 older kids getting their teeth cleaned; all sitting very quietly, relaxed, no issues! Noah sat in the chair with a few trucks while we answered a few questions. Then we met Dr. Mauney; he counted Noah's teeth (16!). There were some tears (Noah's). Then the hygentist took Noah over to some car ramps while we were able to talk with the doctor and go over questions. Noah still uses a paci at night and during naps and in the car. He said it's not causing any problems and we don't need to get rid of it... yet. We are planning on trying to phase it out by the end of the year (or Noah's 2nd birthday) but we were assured there's no rush and he's still a bit young. I liked the way our questions were answered with a few different options, what studies show, and his philosophy on how to solve the problem.
Noah didn't want to leave his cute new lady friends and the fun toys at the dentist. But he won't have to visit them again for a year. All in all a great first dentist visit! For any of my local friends, I highly recommend them.
(full disclosure: post written without Clifton & Mauney's knowledge)
No comments:
Post a Comment