Thursday, January 26, 2012

Viruses & Viral Pins

Someone must have been reading my post about never being home.  Noah has been sick since the weekend and we haven't gone anywhere or done anything!  Really. Sunday we went shoe shopping for me & a quick drop in to see the kitties at PetSmart.  Monday home all day.  Tuesday we ran into Shiki Sushi for takeout at 5pm because I hadn't been grocery shopping.  Wednesday I had to go to the store; so we went there and to our 2nd sick Ped visit ever.  Luckily he just has a cold and it should clear up on it's own, but yes he's still contagious.  I'm disappointed to have to cancel all our plans for the week, but it really hasn't been that bad.  I mean we are a little stir crazy, but the Husband, me, Noah, and Tucker are all still alive so that's a good sign right?


Photobucket


Since Noah was a model patient at the pediatrician and so good while home all I week I wanted to do something fun.  Of course, I turned to Pinterest. And I didn't just run across this pin, it was everywhere.  You know the pins that get repinned by everyone? It was that kind of Viral Pin and now I know why!  Everyone should try Shaving Cream Bathtub Paint.  Look how happy it made my sick boy.

Now one important thing to remember is you have to use Shaving Foam or Cream.  If you use Shaving Gel it comes out in a blue gel and it doesn't work.  I made that mistake last week, so when I went to the store on Wednesday I bought white shaving foaming cream.  I sprayed it in my muffin pan, broke out my Wilson's food coloring, and a silicon pastry brush and to the bath we went.  It's amazing how toddlers know something is going on.  I mean it looked like a baking experiment but the minute I tried to sneak upstairs to get the bath started, Noah was on my heels and crying that he might be left out of the fun.  

I was  a little skeptical because no matter how many times we try and discuss the fact that crayons are not to be tasted, Noah's teeth always end up multicolored by the end of our 5 minutes of coloring time.  But he didn't try to eat the shaving cream at all.  He totally got it and had so much fun!  We will definitely be doing this again- Pintastic, easy, and inexpensive.

Note to parents- the water turns black so you have to do a rinse off and rinse down at the end.  But it did not turn Noah any weird colors.  I don't have any grout in this bathroom, but I could see how it might dye your grout.



No comments:

Post a Comment