Sunday, January 15, 2012

PinTastic or PinTerrible- Homemade Leg Warmers

Like 50-60% of women I know, I am addicted to Pinterest.   I currently have 189 Pins across 9 Boards and 29 Likes. The fantasy of the beautiful fashions I'll never buy, the houses I'll never own, and the bathtubs & closets I'll never have in my home.  But there are some usable things; the blogs about what to do with your toddler when it's raining and of course, all the food.  I've heard of a lot more fails than successes in putting Pinterest into action but I've found the opposite to be true and I've sampled quite a few of the recipes. It got me thinking that I should keep score; I'm going to challenge myself to test out some Pinterest foods, ideas, and maybe a craft or two and see if it's Pintastic or Pinterrible.  



Photobucket


This winter, even though it's been warmer than usual, I've been loving the boots and leg warmer trend.  All my 'My Style' repins have been layers, and chunky, and boots with tall socks, and coats.  I quickly repinned How To Make Leg Warmers  when I saw it and on a whim I gave it a try.  
I used an old maternity sweater and promptly cut off the arms with no hesitation or regrets as I stood in the kitchen preparing Noah's snacks for an outing.   Slipped them on over my jeans, pulled on my boots and left the house with a gray vest laying dead on the counter.  I think it's pretty cute and free!  I've worn them with brown boots and Hunter rain boots over jeans; I've worn them with skirts and sweater dresses with bare legs and boots (it's been over 60 here some days!)  

Now there is one drawback I've found.  What to do if I'm going anywhere that I might have to take my boots off- like a friend's house.  I do not sew and did not sew up the bottoms.  Since I cut the sleeves off in about 3 minutes, it certainly isn't a straight line or remotely even.  How ridiculous will I look when I step into said friend's house and pull off my boots to have these crazy sweater arms on my legs?  Made by Lex surely has sewed up the bottom and therefore doesn't have this problem, but what about the lazy girl on the go?
That being said, I say this is a Pintastic idea and will continue searching my closest for old sweaters with cute arms I can snip into leg warmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment