I love every season equally. I really do. I'm always just as excited for the next season to arrive as the last; and always ready for the current season to end. Last weekend I spent all my time working on my photo book and got so excited for Fall. Noah had just started walking last August so he was getting better by Fall and we had so much fun. What's not to like: Parade of Homes, the NC State Fair, two (or maybe even three) pumpkin patches with hay rides, Halloween, UNC Football and hosting Homecoming, cooler mornings and evenings meaning open windows, sweaters, boots, chili in the crockpot.
But entering Fall means saying goodbye to Summer. And we had some good times. So here's a little flashback to our Summer of Fun. Again while doing my photo book project I realized all the fun we had and I only posted one or two photos of our beach vacation! I did Dump my May photos, recap my solo trip with Noah to Jersey & the Editor's solo trip with Noah to Boston, and showed off my birthday horseback riding photos, but here is the summer fun I left out.
Swimming in the neighborhood pool at least twice a week.
June 4th- evening walks to the American Tobacco Trail to look for "diggers."
June 10- Feeding the Bears at the N.C. Museum of Life & Science.
Bears: Gus, Mimi, Virginia, & Yona
This was supposed to be a sold out tour and ended up being just us and some of our besties- a very private event.
June 19- Herndon Farms blueberry picking; of course Noah's more interested in the kitty, Bandit (who's name Noah remembered when we went back a few weeks later- this kid's memory is amazing).
Arriving at Carolina Beach June 23rd for our vacation. Noah was so excited the minute we stepped into our condo rental; he literally ran to the window. And then out on the beach after dinner that evening he ran and ran and ran!
June 26- We took a break from the beach. Breakfast at Kate's Pancakes; Noah loves pancakes and was super excited about this. We went to the Fort Fisher Aquarium and then took the ferry to Southport. The ferry (with Mom's car in the background) was a big hit and is still talked about.
Beach Baby. Noah loves tunnels... I was dubbed the tunnel maker of the trip.
June 29- Our last night on the beach.
June 30- Someone was very happy to have his family home.
July 6- A trip to Marbles after a long hiatus (it gets so crowded!)
July 17- Visiting the fire station where my brother works. #2 station for a boy who's almost 2.
July 22- Our only Durham Bulls game of the season.
July 28- After a trip to the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences, Noah took a little pony & wagon ride with Marbles the mini horse. I love how Noah's arm is slung over the seat, just waiting on his lady friend. Noah now calls all horses Marbles...
July 30- Our first visit to Into The Midst at the N.C. Museum of Life & Science. Of course, I had Noah in his bathing suit and he wanted nothing to do with the midst, but enjoyed the tunnels and ladders.
Aug 11- Our 2nd trip (yes, we all enjoyed it that much) to One World, One Sky at the Morehead Planetarium to see the Big Bird & Elmo show. Elmo came with Noah for the 2nd showing.
Aug 17- We loaded into the car with friends for a day trip to Wrightsville Beach. We amazed the kids with an Elmo video on the car's DVD player for the last 45 minutes of the ride (first DVD showing in our vehicle!). Both kids still talk about wanting to go back to the beach, together (with Elmo). I love how you can tell that we had fun by the amount of sand on Noah's hat.
Aug 18- Cow Parade with Alexander Moo-lian, one sharply dressed cow.
And that was our summer in quick photo review. I'd say it was a pretty good summer! And we are starting Fall off right- we've already visited a pumpkin patch, complete with hay, train, & pony ride!












No comments:
Post a Comment