I should be the bigger person (bigger sister as it so happens). But I don't want to. The truth is I'm actually hurt. A member of my family didn't acknowledge Noah's 2nd birthday; not by snail mail, email, text, or phone call; not on his party day not on his birthday... not at all. I don't care about a present. If you know me, you know I don't like clutter and a bunch of stuff. Seeing as our main living room (only living room) is where we house all of Noah's toys and I consider toys to be cluttersome stuff... well Noah gets the short end of the stick as far as toys go. I wouldn't feel the need to be so selfishly spiteful if their own birthday wasn't quickly approaching. And while I will acknowledge the day of their birth with a card and a phone call I don't think a gift is in order. And I always give what I consider to be a nice gift, of check in the card.
*Hopefully getting some off this off my chest will make me feel less guilty and a little happier. Truth is I've been thinking about this a lot and it's been putting me in a pissy mood.*
No comments:
Post a Comment