Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

Yes I did. I bought it. Apparently you cannot be a mom with a blog without one. But that's not why. I kinda think it's fun. Why not?
 
And yes, he's creepy. He's always smiling this, "Santa just gave me crack!" smile. But whatever, we are rolling with it.
 
I planned do to a post about Conductor the Elf about a week in, but today Cheryl at Nap Time is the New Happy Hour is hosting an Elf link-up as part of the Jingle Bell Rock Blog Hop so I'll introduce you to him now.
 
Noah does not give things names. Ever. When he met the Elf, we read the book (well most of the pages, I skipped over some) and he wouldn't pick a name. We threw a few out there as we looked around our living room and Conductor stuck, go figure. Our Elf is Santa's helper, but he doesn't report on behavior. And I can touch our Elf. Tucker also likes to touch Conductor, so after we find him I usually relocate him back to the mantle. Noah likes Conductor to be on the shelf most of all. He is getting into looking for him each day, though. And the Editor and I are having fun coming up with ideas.
 
Am I the only one who cut the Elf's hands apart? Is that why he's so damn hard to position?
 
Day 1: Conductor put our tree up but didn't decorate it. He's sitting on a box of ornaments holding our sad excuse for a tree topper.
 
Day 2: Conductor is flipping Latkes onto Noah's Hanukkah plate in Noah's kitchen because we were going to a Hanukkah event that day. (Things get a little confusing over here!)
Day 3: Shooting some hoops.
Day 4: Taking the Kiss Kiss Bears on a sleigh ride, using Noah's reindeer stocking holder. They went so fast, Noah's stocking fell down!
Day 5: Conductor getting Mom's coffee ready in the morning. Usually it's Noah's job to get my coffee out of the pantry and bring it to me.
My book club picked Jen's Spending the Holidays with People I want to Punch in the Throat for this months' pick and she has a fantastic chapter on Mr. Elf & his Shelf. (Kindle book $0.99 and her blog also has the excerpt). Anyways, I think it's so funny but I still have to have an elf doing crazy stuff anyways!
 
Days 5-12
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Elf making the coffee that is so cute! Especially since my son knows his Mama and Dada love coffee!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete