I really enjoyed this from The Money Pit: Sweet Ginger Beef and Broccoli
I can't even remember ever cooking with ground beef before. I use a lot of ground turkey breast but not beef. This was super easy and really tasty. I had everything in my cabinet already (I used ginger crystals minced instead of fresh ginger because I had it on hand) and it took minutes. I served it with rice but next time I'll use lettuce. It tasted just like [insert your favorite Asian restaurant] appetizer lettuce wraps.
Then I decided to impose Pinterest on my book club. I struggled this month. I always want to finish the book, though my book club doesn't require that you finish. I was hosting and I wanted to finish. But the book was rough; the subtitle of Under the Banner of Heaven is A Story of Violent Faith- no shit! This book was violent. But I finished the book in time to make some treats for the ladies. Just in time.
The night before I made Cake Batter Muddy Buddies from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
So I've never made muddy buddies- I guess that might be a little strange. But I had a box of vanilla cake mix sitting in my pantry so I just needed Rice Chex and Almond Bark (I used the tray of melting white chocolate instead). The reviews on this dessert were really good. I made it in about 5 minutes; I mean it's easy. But I did not like it; and I'll eat cake batter raw, salmonella be damned. It is sweet! The Husband agreed. For book club it tasted a little better than it did when the chocolate was still melty; but it needs a milk chaser for me. The book club ladies agreed; though a mini book club member accompanying her mom loved it. Kid approved I guess!
A few hours prior to book club I made Sour Patch Grapes or Glitter Grapes from Pure Sugar.
I'll go with Glitter Grapes because I love Sour Patch kids and these do not taste like Sour Patch kids. But they were yummy. Basically wash off your grapes, leaving them wet. Pour some Jello powder on a plate and roll the wet grapes around until coated and refrigerate. I used Melon Fusion Jello per Pure Sugar, but I think Lime might be better. These were a hit with my book club ladies; everyone (especially those with kids) wanted the 'recipe.' The mini book club member did eat them and she doesn't like grape skin! Kid approved again.
Hopefully this week I can get my ass back into a workout mentality and get rid of the Pinterest baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment