Monday, November 12, 2012

The hits just keep coming

I haven't updated Sandy Pages in a long, long time. Partially because we got hella busy in the Fall with all the fun fall activities (pumpkins, hayrides, Halloween, Homecoming, football games) but partly because I spilled coffee in my netbook computer's keyboard and it promptly died. The funniest part is later on the same day, I tried typing and was getting all sorts of gibberish. So I restarted the computer, and tried all sorts of other things. Later that night, I complained to the Editor about it. And only then, 12 hours later did I actually say out loud, "Oh well, I did spill coffee in the keyboard this morning." Um yeah, that would be me.

So I was without a computer for a few days, and then began the learning process on a new device. Of which I still haven't mastered by any stretch. I did join the Editor on the Apple bandwagon and our house is now PC free, though. Not sure how I feel about this yet.

But then we had some other happenings at the homestead. One involving the Editor being stuck on the couch for about 4 hours with a back injury. It involved frantic calls to doctors, chiropractors, friends who were doctors, and knocking on neighbors doors. Luckily it did not end with us calling 911 or an ambulance but we were almost there. Noah took most of it in stride as we tried to keep everything light and calm. Two of our neighbors pulled the Editor off the couch and helped him make a very slow walk to the car. The babysitter, who graciously dropped everything, was still a few minutes away. So our neighbors stayed with Noah for those few minutes. Now Noah knew them but they haven't spent a lot of time together, and certainly none alone. The Editor and I left with no tears from Noah. But apparently when the babysitter arrived and the neighbors went to leave, Noah started to cry. Not only did he cry, but he grabbed one of their legs and wouldn't let go. Of course, today we walked past their house and they were outside. I said to Noah, "Look there are your friends," and he could care less again. Kinda hilarious! The Editor is getting better every day, but definitely still in recovery mode.

And then today, I go to heat up something in the microwave and I keep adding time, and adding time. Before I realize it, I've been trying to heat up the same water for about 5-6 minutes. It's still ice cold. So yeah, now we need a new microwave? Add dishwasher to the list bc that POS hasn't worked correctly since we moved in.

So that's what's new in these parts. I will go back and detail our Fall fun because it was a lot of fun and Noah is just too cute to let all the fun Fall photo opts go unblogged.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment